OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Submit paper proposal AFTER "Registration"

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Submit paper proposal AFTER "Registration"

Postby jamief » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:19 am

Is it possible to create an environment in which user can only submit a paper proposal AFTER they have "registered" for the conference. By registered, I do not mean have registered in OCS (create an account) but rather, gone through the Paid registration process.
jamief

Re: Submit paper proposal AFTER "Registration"

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:49 am

Hi Jamie,

This doesn't currently exist; off the top of my head, you would likely have to add a check to the submission pages (where, exactly, would depend on how you've set your submission method up) to check whether the submitting author is a registered user; and subsequently either allow or disallow submission. If you could give me more info on how you are accepting submissions, I could probably give another pointer or two.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby jamief » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:14 am

Well the idea of the conference organsisers is that prepaid registration is required before an article can be submitted. It's a strange requirement, but it's a firm policy. So people should pay, and once they are paid registrants, would have access to submit an article.

I don't see this as a priority arrangement for OCS so Im telling them that they should simply communicate to potential presenters that submissions wont be considered until they have registered for the conference.
jamief

Postby tantalocura » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:56 pm

Hi jamief /Hi James,
I'm walking on the same way, looking for a kind of payment validation to be used in(before) full paper upload. As I ask in this topic http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7262 on march, 08.
Users, with author rol account, can send Abstracts for peer review; then, after review proccess, authors will be invited to register them at the conference (payment) and upload their full papers.
The Organizing Team have this strict policy: they don't want to proccess full papers untill payment registration is confirmed. All those "registered" papers will be part of a printed book.
I was looking a field like ocs.papers.current_stage, thinking in a new value between 'abstract accepted', and 'waiting for full paper upload', that means 'waiting for author registration' ... ¿?
I don't know if it's a good way or may exist another better and easier...
I'll wait for same orientation. Regards, Luis.
tantalocura

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion