OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Conference proposal submission error

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Conference proposal submission error

Postby apfslt » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:23 am

I have included both English and Traditional Chinese locale in the OCS system as installed in a Linux server. It works for the English locale but in the Chinese locale, when I press the "Save and Continue" button in the "Step 2. Entering the Submission's Metadata" of Submissions, there are errors (in Chinese) to say that
"Errors occurred processing this form:

* Please enter the title of your paper. (English)
* Please enter an abstract for your submission. (English)"

I have checked from the source code of the webpage that textarea name="abstract[zh_TW]" id="abstract" and name="title[zh_TW]" id="title" but the OCS program seems to make sure that abstract[en_US] and title[en_US] are not empty. It seems to be an obvious bug that could be fixed by changing "en_US" in both fields to "zh_TW" when the program carries out the checking.

My problem is that I could not find the location for the making the above changes in the source code of this ocs system. Could someone kindly offer advice/help as soon as possible because the system has been open for the use in a conference located at
http://has.ied.edu.hk/ocs

Thank you very much in advance for anyone's kind help or advice.

Yeung
apfslt

Re: Conference proposal submission error

Postby jmacgreg » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi Yeung,

Currently, OJS requires that all mandatory field information be filled in for the journal's primary locale -- this means that for the Submission Step 2 page, title and abstract need to be entered in English at a bare minimum -- entering them solely in Chinese will not satisfy the check. We're working on providing a better solution: see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4144.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion