OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Setting up a new conference with track policies

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Setting up a new conference with track policies

Postby RickMath » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:24 pm

I already have a conference set up. Everything is working fine.

When I have set up a new conference and the tracks and track directors the names of the track directors do not appear with the tracks in the new conference like they did with the former one. Maybe I have lost it with trying to keep up with bugs and other fixes. The former one was set up using v 2.1.1.2 Maybe something has changed.

Please tell me what I may have done wrong.

Thanks

Rick
RickMath

Re: Setting up a new conference with track policies

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi Rick,

I can't replicate this. Have you made any changes to templates/schedConf/trackPolicies.tpl?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby RickMath » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:59 pm

:D

Hi James

No I have not made any changes to the template. I can send screen shots if needed or direct you to the site.

I'd like to get this resolved as I like to announce our tracks and conference. Let me know what other information you need to see how this is not working.

Have a great holiday. You and the PKP team are doing wonderful things. Wish I could be in Vancouver for the Olympics.

Rick
RickMath

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:20 pm

Hi Rick,

A link to the site (either here or via PM) would be appreciated!

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby RickMath » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:59 pm

I sent the link by PM and also included some other information.

Thanks

Rick
RickMath

Postby jmacgreg » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:09 pm

Thanks, Rick. Have you added the track directors to each respective track under the 2011 conference's Conference Tracks page? Track Director responsibility designations don't carry over to new scheduled conferences, IIRC.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby RickMath » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:09 pm

Hi James

Thanks for the response.

Yes I added tracks and directors. These can be viewed under the organizers item. Each of the directors was assigned to a track. In some cases multiple directors similar to the 2010 conference.

I did not mention this before but I used the scheduled conferences under my role as Conference Manager to create the new conference. Hope that is right.

I does appear that those who had track director roles for 2010 transferred over to the 2011 conference. I just had to recreate the tracks and assign directors.

Hope this helps. :D

Rick
RickMath

Postby RickMath » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:11 am

Hi

I am revisiting this issue as we are about to complete our 2010 conference (4 weeks from today) and I would like to open the 2011 conference soon.

I can send screen shots of the track policies pages for both. In the 2010 conference the track directors are listed on the page. In the 2011 page they are not.

To reiterate, I assigned track directors to each track seperately for each conference. This was paritally due to some changes in people managing the tracks.

Let me know if I can provide more information.

Thanks as always.

Rick
RickMath

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:34 pm

Hi Rick,

Hrm, I managed to reproduce this. Very strange. I've reported it as a bug here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5189. Please feel free to CC yourself for future updates.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby RickMath » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:46 pm

:D
Thanks James. I will follow the progress. Glad you could replicate it.

Yes it is strange.

I will await the fix.

Rick
RickMath

Postby RickMath » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:43 pm

:D :D
James

The patch in Bug 5189 worked. Thanks so much.

Rick
RickMath

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion