OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Registration

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Registration

Postby markus1281 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:13 am

Hi everybody,

i have done all the settings like it is discribed in "OCS in an hour". But there is no possbility to register to the conference ("Registration" is not shown in the menu bar)!

First i like to know is what i maybe have done wrong?

And the second questions is if it´s possible to register for the conference as an unregistered user?

You have to know that i have never worked with web publishing tools! Many thanks for help.

Kind regards

Markus
markus1281

Re: Registration

Postby jamief » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:19 am

i have done all the settings like it is discribed in "OCS in an hour". But there is no possbility to register to the conference ("Registration" is not shown in the menu bar)!

Check the publication date for registration is active for now.
Check that you have configured the registration options.
Sometimes to see the changes you have to empty the system cache / template cache

And the second questions is if it´s possible to register for the conference as an unregistered user?

The only way to register a presenter would be for the admins to do it from within the admin section. There is no way that I have seen whereby a visitor can register for a conference if he/she isn't already a registered user.
jamief

Postby Kavius » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:18 am

I am experiencing a similar problem and the solutions are not working for me (I think I go through this every time). Registration is visible in the "Conference Information", but when I click on it, I am redirected to the Scheduled Conference index page.

1. Check the publication date for registration is active for now.

Today is "2011-12-01".

Opens for Registration: 2011-11-29
Closes for Registration: 2012-11-30

2. Check that you have configured the registration options.

Name: Option1
Opens: 2011-11-29
Closes: 2012-11-30

Name: Option2
Opens: 2011-11-29
Closes: 2012-11-30

3. Sometimes to see the changes you have to empty the system cache / template cache

Have done this.
Kavius

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:38 am

Hi Kavius,

Which version of OCS are you using?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Kavius » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:43 pm

Kavius

Postby vlilloh » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:33 am

Exactly same problem that Kavius for me :(

OCS 2.3.4

Cheers.
vlilloh

Postby Kavius » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:23 am

I'm still having it too. I've been trying to trace the code, but not with a whole lot of success.
Kavius

Postby Kavius » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:53 pm

I got it to work. Things I had to set:

- dates for registration type (scheduled conf -> registration -> registration type)
- dates for optional items (scheduled conf -> registration -> registration options)
- payment was misconfigured (setting to manual *will* work, you can set it back to something else after confirming everything is working)
- there must be presentations and they must be set to a reasonable date

I do think this is one area that some better messages could be put in place. If someone has the ability to click on "register", but cannot register for some reason, there should be some message as to why they cannot register. This would give feedback to the administrator as to what needs to be changed.
Kavius

Postby marina » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:06 am

i've checked these, but doesn't
I'm still having it... can't register a new or existing user to a sched conference
help!!!!
marina

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi all,

Kavius, thank you for your detailed report. I agree that this is a problem, and have submitted a bug report here. Please feel free to CC yourself to that report for future updates, and thank you again for your detailed follow-up.

Marina, Vicente -- can you double-check that you have fully configured your system according to Kavius' list? Please note that you must put in at least one character of text into the Manual Payments field if you are using manual payments. Can you tell me which version of OCS you are using?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby mihociuli » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:46 am

Hi,

I had the same problem described here, and I managed to resolve it as soon as I followed the details of Kavius, especially the introduction of some characters of text into the Manual Payments field.

Cheers,
mihociuli

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion