OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Reporting results of reviews to authors

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Re: Reporting results of reviews to authors

Postby wbt » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:19 am

RickMath wrote:Would you suggest making the change in all of the classes files?

All the files that I mentioned in my post.

RickMath wrote:I hope someone can discover how to do this for a decline decision. My feeling is that declined submissions should be allowed the benefit of seeing peer reviews.

I quite agree. I guess one solution could be to treat all three Director's decisions in the same way, but then all papers stay "under review" indefinitely, and authors of rejected papers can still upload new versions. Perhaps that would not be such a big problem.

Let me know what works for you.

Bye,

Wouter
wbt

Postby RickMath » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:07 am

Wouter

A patch has been issued that hopefully solves our issue. It is found in bug 4913.

I am going to try it today or tonight.

Way to go PKP team!!!! :D

I will also check v 2.3 from time to time to see if the patch has been applied to the test system.

Thanks for all the communication on this.

Rick
RickMath

Postby RickMath » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:57 am

:D :D :D

James

I installed the patch in Bug 4913 last night. It works great!!

Now the review results can be imported into decision emails for accept, revise and decline decisions. I especially like the ability for a track director to change the decision on revise decisions and the way the system keeps track of this.

Kudos to the PKP development team :!: :!: Keep up the great work.

Rick
RickMath

Previous

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion