OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Enrollment of Track Directors

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Enrollment of Track Directors

Postby pfields » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:16 pm

Hi All:

I have spent a few hours trying to enroll users as a track director. I am the conference manager. We installed this system in April 2009.http://www2.iict.pt/10thiwcspp/ocs/inde ... ers/iwcspp

I have found the right place to do it, USERS/Enroll a user from this site in this conference. (Fig. 86, page 55 of OCS in an Hour)

My problem is that in the drop down box only allows me to assign people as conference manager. It should have Director, Track Director, Reviewer. I have tried logging on as a Director as another user that is a Director, but can the Enroll option is not available.

Thanks for your help.

Paul
pfields

Re: Enrollment of Track Directors

Postby RickMath » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:12 pm

Paul

I hope the people at PKP do not mind my suggestions. Here is what I found.

Click on Conference Manager and go to the Roles area. Click on Track Director and go to the bottom and click on Enroll Existing User. On the page that displays the users go to the person that you want to enroll and click on Enroll User on the right. I just tested this in my system and it worked. Of course you must have users enrolled to select them.

Had the same problem when I first started using OCS. Glad to tell you my experience. This seems to work for other roles as well.

Hope this helps.

Rick
RickMath

Re: Enrollment of Track Directors

Postby pfields » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:05 am

Thanks, that did the trick.

Paul
pfields

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion