OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Blank screen display when clicking on author role by a user

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Blank screen display when clicking on author role by a user

Postby RickMath » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:13 pm

I have had one user indicate that when he clicks on the Author role after logging in he gets a blank screen. When he refreshes the screen it displays OK. I suspect that this is not a problem with OCS but with his setup or his browser.

I would appreciate any advice and/or experience that others have had. I have not asked him what browser he is using. Could that be the problem.

I can as conference manager log in as him and everything works.

Sorry to ask such a trivial question. As a new user of OCS for our conference I am doing alot of hand holding. I do not mind that as I am learning more and more about OCS and OJS all the time. Last thing I want is to have people say this does not work.

As alway any tips I can distribute would be nice.

:D Rick
RickMath

Re: Blank screen display when clicking on author role by a user

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:20 pm

Hi Rick,

Yes, check which browser he's using, and let us know. Also, if you could point to the OCS install where this is happening (either in-thread or via PM) I'd appreciate it -- I've been seeing a number of seemingly browser-related issues lately, and I'd appreciate the opportunity to debug.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion