OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Reviewer Forms for OCS

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Reviewer Forms for OCS

Postby RickMath » Tue May 19, 2009 12:59 pm

Hello

Is there a way to create reivewer forms in OCS similar to those in OJS?

I manage a OJS system and now am managing an OCS system.

We are running Version 2.1.1.2

Thanks for you help. I have a few other questions on OCS. Should I post in different topics?

Thanks

Rick
RickMath

Re: Reviewer Forms for OCS

Postby jmacgreg » Thu May 21, 2009 12:01 am

Hi Rick,

This feature has been added to OCS 2.1.2, which should be released in the very near future. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3765 for a patch, if you want to try applying to your current install (I'd recommend doing a backup and trying a patch dry-run first if you do).

And yes, feel free to ask any questions you want (after searching for the answer, of course :D), and in separate threads for separate questions.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby RickMath » Thu May 21, 2009 2:55 pm

James

Thanks for your reply. I really don't need this until August 2009. Hopefully it will be similar to the OJS custom reviewer forms.

Any Idea when 2.1.2 will emerge? Should I wait til then or go ahead with the patch?

Thanks

Rick
RickMath

Postby mj » Thu May 21, 2009 4:46 pm

Hi Rick,

We're just putting the finishing touches on OCS 2.1.2 now, and hopefully will have it out the door in the next few (a short few) weeks. I'd suggest that if you don't need the functionality immediately, to wait until 2.1.2 comes out. It won't be long, promise.

MJ
mj
Site Admin

Postby RickMath » Thu May 21, 2009 6:52 pm

Thanks MJ.

I can wait. May need some help in guiding us through the upgrade to 2.1.2

Great additions. I assume that the custom (hopefully right term) reviewer forms will be similar to OJS with items and rating available as well as comment boxes. Our conference is totally peer reviewed papers that are required to be submitted. We only publish abstracts on accepted author request. Guess that leads to a related question. Can we have authors submit an abstract and title like in OJS and then follow with a paper submitted for blind review.

Hope I am not complicating this to much.

Thanks and have a great day. :D

Rick
RickMath

Postby RickMath » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:50 pm

:D

Hi mj

Any word on when OCS 2.1.2 will be available. My track directors are bugging me. Just wanted to let them know.

Thanks

Rick
RickMath

Postby mj » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:09 am

Hi Rick,

My apologies -- we wound up discovering some unexpected bugs in the final round of testing, and it's delayed the release a bit. We're now aiming for this week, all being well.

MJ
mj
Site Admin

Postby RickMath » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:16 pm

That's OK and understandable. Thanks for your reply. Will check back later.

:D Rick
RickMath

Postby RickMath » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:06 pm

Thanks

Glad the upgrade for OCS 2.1.2 is now available. We are scheduled to upgrade next week.

Is there anything that we need to look out for as we move from 2.1.1.2?

Does the new installation overwrite files and mantain existing info in the SQL tables and php files?

I have made changes in the locale file and the common.css file. We have save the existing files so we can replicate these changes.

Thanks and let me know how other upgrades are going.

Rick
RickMath

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:59 pm

Hi Rick,

The upgrade process is well documented in docs/UPGRADE, and explains what happens during an upgrade process.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby RickMath » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:07 pm

James

Thanks for your response. Guess I'm a nervous nellie.

We will let you know how it proceeds.

I have an addtional question on the registration manager role. Do you want me to post it here or start a new thread?

Rick
RickMath

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:51 pm

Hi Rick,

Apologies for not getting back to you last week -- I took a few days' vacation. If you haven't already, please feel free to post your question in a new thread.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby RickMath » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:52 pm

This topic can be deleted. The Issue is totally solved in OCS 2.1.2

Thanks for your upgrade. It works well

:D Rick
RickMath

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion