OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Registration page in OCS

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Re: Registration page in OCS

Postby tshore » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:41 am

I see that the import declaration is at the top of SchedConfHandler.inc.php, but it didn't seem to help? That is, until just now, when I removed the declaration that I had added in the registration function?!?! Pretty strange...
tshore

Postby mga » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi

Line 20 of pages/SchedConfHandler.inc.php is:

import('payment.ocs.OCSPaymentManager');

Mauricio
mga

Postby mga » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:48 pm

Any ideas on what could be wrong? Did the stack trace give any clues?
mga

Postby mcrider » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:58 pm

Hi mga,

Sorry for neglecting to respond, it was a hectic month; Did you try modifying the code as per Trudy's post? Did you fully configure your payment manager?

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby mga » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:35 pm

I changed the include call to no avail. By "configure your payment manager" you mean the "Payment Methods" section? I have this set up for "Manual Payment".
mga

Postby simon_w » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:49 am

I've just installed OCS 2.1.2, and this is still a problem. In my case, at least, the redirect seems to have been occurring because I had no configured payment method (i.e. - the default PayPal option was unmodified, and unconfigured). Switching to manual payment allowed me to see the registration page.

This is a little discomforting when doing a quick evaluation and I immediately find myself trawling forums to get the registration page working. Might I suggest a message ('No payment methods are configured, so this page is unavailable'), and/or changing the default selection away from an unconfigured PayPal setting? Would a patch to this effect be appreciated?

simon
simon_w

Postby michael » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:43 pm

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Please find a patch for OCS 2.1.2 here.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Previous

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion