OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

assign multiple papers to a reviewer

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

assign multiple papers to a reviewer

Postby fulleka » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:22 am

Is there any way to select a number of papers and assign them to reviewer(s) in one step?
fulleka

Re: assign multiple papers to a reviewer

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi fulleka,

No, unfortunately -- you'll have to do that manually for each paper.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby tshore » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:09 pm

Is this still the case? I have a client who's asking me to export an Excel spreadsheet for them so that they can send it around to their reviewers? They have 200 submissions and they can't imagine going through and doing all the clicking necessary to assign these submissions to reviewers 1 by 1. They are also concerned that the amount of clicking will be too much for the reviewers. Do you have any suggestions to help me convince them to use the review system? My client's conference page is running OCS 2.1.2.

Just emailing further with my client and perhaps this post is turning into more a feature request. Each submission will be assigned to 2 reviewers. Each reviewer will be responsible for reviewing 30-40 submissions. That constitutes an unwieldy number of clicks/reviewer. Plus, the director wants to be able to rank the submissions, so she wants to be able to add up the scores assigned by each of the two reviewers. For all 200 papers, this would also be a lot of work.

Thank you.
tshore

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:25 pm

Hi Trudy,

This is still the case, unfortunately. If you feel like you have a use-case (and it sounds like you do), please feel free to submit a feature request to bugzilla, and we'll look into it. The more detail, the better, especially wrt large datasets (something we don't typically run into day-to-day).

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ramon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:13 am

Hello all,

This is also a feature request for our journals (OJS) at IBICT.
Unfortunately, some editors wait or have large amounts of submissions at a time, or need to send all the pre-approved submissions (already reviewed once) to an Editorial/Review Board which decides which articles approved are to be published.

Waiting too long for the list to be compiled can cause delays in publishing scheduling, and poor reviews by sponsoring and quality assurance institutions (Qualis, ISI, etc).

At the same time, been able to select one approved article and send it to all of the members of the Review Board would expedite things and reduce the amounts of clicks and pages the editor needs to go through.
ramon

Postby jamarin » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:19 am

I have added a bug related to this:
5258 maj P2 Wind pkp-support@sfu.ca NEW allow editors to select, remove or send mail to several reviewrs with "one click"
jamarin

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion