OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

FEATURE REQUEST: Call for Track + Email Notification

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

FEATURE REQUEST: Call for Track + Email Notification

Postby claucole » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:38 am

Dear OCS team,

I am using your software for journal publishing and now would like to use your software for conference organizing, I would like to ask you if you plan to add a couple of features in next releases, that I consider very useful for managing conferences.

1) the possibility of implementing an optional "Call for Track" submission procedure, that is similar to and would precede the "Call for Papers" procedure. It aims to collect the track proposal for a specific conference by wannabe track directors. The track submissions will be selected by the conference director(s) and after selection will become the acutal conference tracks.

2) the possibility to foward by email paper/abstract submissions to the respective track directors. I know you already have implemented rss feeds for that, but I think is important that track director have also the possibility to archive and have full access to their specific track submission by email. In fact, they want to monitor the submissions flow but may not have always easy access to OCS platform.

Thank you for your attention and for your great work,

Claudio
claucole

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion