OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Software to manage society members

Users wishing to hire or seeking employment may post their information here. Additionally, we also encourage the posting of volunteer opportunities to this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Employment

Are you looking for someone to help install, maintain or customize one of our software packages for you? Please feel free to post employment and volunteer opportunities related to PKP software here. We will remove any non-related posts unless they are of particular interest.

Volunteering

If you are looking to volunteer, or are looking for a volunteer for your project, please post here. We will also occasionally post volunteer requests as well.

Software to manage society members

Postby mendesrocha » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:19 pm

Hello folks!

I am supporting an OCS for a scientific society and now they asked me for a software to manage the members of their society. As they potentialy have most members registered in OCS, something that could interact with OCS' database would be wonderful. Management tasks includes register members, sort them by type, record members information and control members fee payments, generate bank bills.

Do you know something - open source software is preferable - that could be do this task?
mendesrocha

Re: Software to manage society members

Postby jamief » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:00 am

Yes. A society can essentially migrate all non journal specific information to Joomla! CMS, and from there there are at least 3 great membership components. In addition, there is a component (Jfusion) that I use in conjunction with a plugin (http://pkp.sfu.ca/quickstudy5) that I have developed to handle 2 things: synchronisation of user accounts across both (or even including OCS) platforms, and a single login ("dual login") which means a user logs into the system ONCE and is already logged into the other platforms, allowing them to navigate freely among all linked platforms without additional logins.
jamief

Return to Consulting, Employment, and Volunteer Opportunities