OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS to help students

Users wishing to hire or seeking employment may post their information here. Additionally, we also encourage the posting of volunteer opportunities to this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Employment

Are you looking for someone to help install, maintain or customize one of our software packages for you? Please feel free to post employment and volunteer opportunities related to PKP software here. We will remove any non-related posts unless they are of particular interest.

Volunteering

If you are looking to volunteer, or are looking for a volunteer for your project, please post here. We will also occasionally post volunteer requests as well.

OJS to help students

Postby ethemeral » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:14 pm

Hi. I've recently installed OJS on my journal website. Its a small journal run by high school students with a target audience of high school students. This being said, we honestly do not have much money, which means we cannot actually pay. This is a volunteer request. We're just asking for a nice-looking, simple theme with an improved look over the current theme.

Thank you for your consideration. You can contact me at jonc.chen@nhsjs.com
ethemeral

Re: OJS to help students

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:23 am

Hi ethemeral,

I'll also note that OJS does come with a few themes included (see Journal Setup Step 5.6); and you can also find a demonstration theme here. Of course, theme creation sounds like an interesting school project to me. :D You can find documentation on themeing here.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby mugarurac » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:59 am

Hi,

another option is to design a simple jpeg image with the high school logo and other pictures, and you upload it, this will create some form of ownership
mugarurac

Postby newone » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:53 pm

If you want nice themes, you have to design it. A team of high school students should be able to come up with some creative design for the OJS website. This is an opportunity to think outside the box as well as learn about electronic publishing.
newone

Return to Consulting, Employment, and Volunteer Opportunities