The Association for Heterodox Economics (AHE) hosts an annual conference and is migrating its previous site to OCS. We have funds allocated to this purpose. We are looking for a stable relationship with a supplier who can offer:
(1) helping us get our site up, running, and bugfree. We are kind of halfway there, but the learning curve is too steep for us given our commitments and free time.
(2) technical support and help for users of our site, of the 'I-can't-do-this-what-do-I-do-next' type. We are reliant on volunteer labour and have little technical expertise to call on (we have some, but it's not really able to deal with routine technical queries on a regular basis. We're having enough trouble with the economy)
(3) migrating an existing base of users and presentations from 10 past conferences - around 500 papers in all.
(4) ideally, but not necessarily, providing or facilitating hosting services
(5) on a medium-term basis, discussing and working with us to develop interactivity (probably outside the OCS system) around our lively discussions.
This is probably a job for an outfit rather than a person, but all offers considered. The most important requirement for us would be stability - we just want to hand this all over to somebody who will take care of it
AHE is UK based but has an international presence - about half our average 120 delegates come from outside the UK, particularly US/Canada, Australia, India, Latin America, mainland Europe, and Turkey. The annual conference is in its 11th year and we are growing pretty fast. Conference language is English.
You can see some (but not all) our past conferences at http://www.hetecon.com/
If interested please respond on this BB.