OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Lost the language toggle

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

Lost the language toggle

Postby brcsmr » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:29 am

Hi,

I accidentally deleted the language toggle block. Can I retrieve or reupload it from a source?
Please help! :(

Thx.

brc
brcsmr

Re: Lost the language toggle

Postby JasonNugent » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:14 am

Hey brc,

Did you delete the directory from your OJS source or did you just accidentally disable the plugin from the journal manager/system plugins page? If you deleted it from disk you can just download a fresh OJS source bundle from the PKP website (getting the same version as your existing OJS install) and then just extract it in a different directory and replace the plugins/block/languageToggle directory.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby brcsmr » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:25 am

Thank you very much Jason.
I accidentally deleted the plugin from the plugins page thinking that I am disabling it. I would be very glad if you can post me the link where I can download this bundle. I'll then contact our system administrator.

Happy new year!

Regards
brc
brcsmr

Postby JasonNugent » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:58 am

Hi brc,

All of the OJS releases are available on our download page: http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs_download

Just scroll down to the "Previous Releases" section to find the full source distribution for the version you are currently using.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby tbalicka » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:03 am

Miałam ten sam problem - wielkie dzięki. :)
tbalicka

Postby brcsmr » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:40 am

Thank you very much Jason.

Best wishes,
brc
brcsmr

Postby brcsmr » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:55 am

Dear Jason,

I uploaded the language toggle, but now I can only see it as an item under the blocks. There is no "enable" or "edit" option. How can I activate it?
Your help is much appreciated :)

Best,
brc
brcsmr

Postby JasonNugent » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:16 am

It isn't so much a question of enabling it as it is a matter of configuring your block plugin list to include it. In Journal Management -> Setup -> The Look (step 5), in section 5.6 you can decide where to put the block for the language toggle. Make sure you click 'save' at the bottom of the page afterward.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby brcsmr » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:06 pm

This is very strange. I see it under the right block of 5.6 but when I come back to the opening page it is not there (yes, I saved it).
It only appears on the "plugins management" page when I login as the journal administrator. How is this possible?
Is there a chance that it is a directory related problem? maybe my system administrator uploaded the plugin under a different directory.
I am very confused.

brc
brcsmr

Postby JasonNugent » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:31 am

Hi brc,

At this point, it might be worth having your system admin poke through the PHP or Apache logs for your OJS installation. Is this a completely stock, unmodified version of OJS, otherwise? I'm wondering that perhaps a) the files were placed on the server with incorrect permissions, or b) the plugin is somehow disabled within OJS. *IF* your OJS installation is completely unmodified, you can do the following:

Code: Select all
php tools/upgrade.php upgrade

Which will run through the upgrade process. If you haven't made any database schema changes, nothing should happen to your data. One of the things that happens at the end of this process is that plugins are installed and their system defaults in the database are set. This may clear up the language toggle issue if something isn't right.

If you do this, please make a backup of both your MySQL database and also your OJS installation (including the files/ directory) before beginning. Standard operating procedure.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby brcsmr » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:47 am

Many thanks Jason, I'll pass on this to the system administrator.
I'll keep you posted.

Regards,brc
brcsmr

Return to General Discussion