OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OHS installing

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

OHS installing

Postby taganrog » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:44 am

Hello to everybody! I have a question, please help. We installed OJS and downloaded OHS. How to install it? Sorry for such a question, I am not very good at programming and computers. Thanks.
taganrog

Re: OHS installing

Postby asmecher » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:04 am

Hi taganrog,

Have you looked at docs/README in the download package?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Installing OHS in a subdirectory!

Postby Albert » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:14 pm

Hello There!
I read the Readme file on Open Harvester System. I created a new database for it. Now am ready to upload all the folders and files to the directory that contains all the folders and files of OJS 2.4.1 that power the journal. I see there are a few folders that have the same name as OJS has. Can I create a subdirectory inside the website directory to upload to it OHS and adjust the installation path http://yourdomain.com/path/to/harvester2/
I would appreciate very much your help!
Regards,
Albert
Last edited by Albert on Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Albert

Postby JasonNugent » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:14 am

Hi Albert,

If you want to use OJS and OHS on the same website, they should be in separate folders. I would probably put them in parallel top level folders like this:

yourdomain.com/path/to/ojs
yourdomain.com/path/to/ohs

They will not interfere in this way.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby Albert » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:08 pm

Hi Jason!
Thank you so much for your reply. Nevertheless, right now I do not know how to implement this parallel schema. Why? The OJS site is in a subdomain (which is contained in a folder that has its own name): subdomain.domain.com, and there are a few subdomains (parallel folders) of that domain running in the server. Do I have to install Open Harvester System in another subdomain? If I can set up OHS to pull out information from specific subdomain, it will be an excellent solution; but this way OHS will not be running in the web site as the website is in another subdomain.
Regards,
Albert
Albert

Postby JasonNugent » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:33 am

Hi Albert,

While it is possible to run OHS as a sub directory of your OJS installation, I wouldn't really recommend it. Personally, I would find that confusing.

regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby rinkusahu » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:14 am

sir i need help regarding ohs installation
do i need to create each table within the database is
there is any other way of doing this.
my database name is harvester4.
please help me.
rinkusahu

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:58 am

Hi rinkusahu,

Please follow the installation directions in docs/README, and describe where you're having trouble.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby Albert » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:00 pm

Hello Rrinkusahu,

The installation of OHS follows the same procedure of OJS. Read the “Readme” file and follow it.
You will need to create a database in your server and have handy the host server name, the database name, the user name and password. You will answer the same questions that you needed to answer during the installation of OJS.

In my case, I believe that because I changed PHP 5.2 to 5.3 on the server it is affecting the format and performance of my installations. In the case of OJS and OHS, the problems were solved creating an .httaccess file and turning on instructions around lines 62 and 84 in the configuration file. I explained the procedure here.

Once OHS is installed and you log in as administrator do not be surprise about it. It looks horrible! Now is when you start adding the information about the site from where it will be harvesting information.

I am sure that you will do well!

Regards,
Albert
Albert

Return to General Discussion