OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

how to add/edit links in right side sidebar

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

how to add/edit links in right side sidebar

Postby danpoe » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:38 am

Hello everyone,

Can anyone please tell me how to add or edit links displayed at the right sidebar? I posted at OJS Development section eariler and as there's no reply I guess I just posted at the wrong place so I come to here for your guys' kind assistance.

The default links at the right sidebar are OPEN JOURNAL SYSTEMS and Journal Help. I'd like to change the url of the journal help (as we have a different hlep guidance for our journal authors and reviewers) and perhaps add a few links there as well. I tried to locate the file(s) where I can make the change but with no luck. Any advice or help would be greatly appreicated!

Thank you in advance!
danpoe

Re: how to add/edit links in right side sidebar

Postby asmecher » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:25 am

Hi danpoe,

Please don't double-post; we will get to your post, but it'll often take more than a couple of days over a weekend to respond. I've followed up on the original thread here.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: how to add/edit links in right side sidebar

Postby asmecher » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:28 am

Hi danpoe,

For journal-specific pages, the sidebar blocks are configured in Journal Setup, step 5. For site-wide pages there are several threads on the forum describing how to make this change in the database, but that'll only apply if you're hosting a multiple-journal installation. The templates for plugin blocks are in plugins/blocks/* -- look for .tpl files there. For example, to edit the help links, you'll need to edit plugins/blocks/help/block.tpl.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to General Discussion