OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Help

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

Help

Postby Paulnorm » Fri May 20, 2011 7:13 am

I have installed PHP and amySQL on windows server 2003 and they are working fine. Come to install OJS , have unpacked the tar file and placed it in my web directory. When I go to the internet browser and type in "localhost/ojs" it is coming back saying 'Warning: error_log(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for '1.0/DST' instead in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ojs\lib\pkp\classes\core\PKPApplication.inc.php on line 371 Warning: error_log(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings.'

Anyone have a clue what this means?
Paulnorm

Re: Help

Postby asmecher » Mon May 23, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi Paulnorm,

This means you'll need to configure your timezone in your system's php.ini configuration file. See for example http://php.net/manual/en/datetime.configuration.php.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby Paulnorm » Tue May 24, 2011 1:43 am

Hi,

Thanks for this. changed the php.ini file and it is set as follows:

[date]
; date.timezone = Europe/London

; date.default_latitude = 51.4778

; date.default_longitude =

; date.sunrise_zenith = 90.583333

; date.sunset_zenith = 90.583333

My phpinfo file says all the above settings are as follows:

Directive Local Value Master Value
date.default_latitude 31.7667 31.7667
date.default_longitude 35.2333 35.2333
date.sunrise_zenith 90.583333 90.583333
date.sunset_zenith 90.583333 90.583333
date.timezone no value no value

Still getting the error message about timezone. This is the first time I have tried to install ojs and haven't got a clue what to do next so any help would be massively appreciated.
Paulnorm

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:38 am

Hi all,

Once you've set your timezone configuration in php.ini, you'll probably have to restart your web server for it to take effect. Note that this is a PHP error message, not an OJS message, and there's lots of information on it around the web.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to General Discussion