OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

CMS / Authentication Plugin

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

CMS / Authentication Plugin

Postby jamief » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:01 am

In OCS there is a "gesture" towards linking the login system to an external dbase, through Authentication Sources. I assume this is a way to link OCS with other popular CMS's like Joomla or Drupal. Is this the case? And how do I activate this process, I cannot find a plugin related to authentication in the plugin gallery.

Anyone successfully linked or merged user tables between another CMS and OCS/OJS?

I'm especially interested in how to use OCS/OJS underneath an existing popular CMS. There are many features available, applicable to OCS that are simply not available as of yet, and I think they are needed to round out a fully functioning one-stop conference web:

Google maps integration
Banquet Dinner information (which would be tied to the payment and total costs)
Hotel information
Social Calendar
Booking of AV equipment needed

For OJS I would want to begin to build in Social Networking software (blogs, wikis, forums, tagging etc) again, all of which I could build into a single Joomla installation and run it side-by-side or on top of OJS. But I would need integration of the login and Joomla template, and a revised scaled down common template from PKP.

All of these could be easily configured into Joomla with a handful of components installed - which is what I would like to try to do.

But this would really require me to have a one login system.

I'd like to hear from/see how others have managed this.

Best regards,

Jamie Fowlie
Campusconexion.com
jamief

Return to General Discussion