OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Page Numbering an Issue

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

Page Numbering an Issue

Postby masoodraja » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:07 am

Hi:
We are just getting ready to publish our first issue but have a question about page numbering the issue. We want the articles to have consecutive page nos so that authors can cite specific page nos of their published materials. Does the enter "page numbers" feature [after we have manually entered page nos in the box provided] automatically post those page nos on the corresponding pdf file? Or do we have to have page numbers on the final pdf version of each essay. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
masoodraja

Re: Page Numbering an Issue

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:26 am

Hi masoodraja,

You'll have to manually add page numbers to your PDF files -- OJS does not manipulate uploaded galleys. Although it's been a long time since I've used it, if I remember correctly if you have access to Adobe Acrobat Pro you should be able to add page numbers to your PDFs fairly easily (try looking for an "add footer" option). Once those are assigned, you can then fill in the page number fields in your issue's ToC from within OJS.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: Page Numbering an Issue

Postby masoodraja » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:57 pm

Thanks James. I'll try this.
masoodraja

Return to General Discussion