OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Test run

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

Test run

Postby Annemarie » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:31 pm

I would like to test run the manuscript management system locally on my computer. This is mainly about mocking up the journal and the submission site and being able to physically demonstrate it to my co-editor and my administrator without putting it on a server. I want to play and show them what it will look like and how we can use all of its options. Is there any way to do that?
thanks for your advice! Annemarie
Annemarie

Re: Test run

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:59 pm

Hi Annemarie,

You can install OJS on your local machine, whether it is Windows, Linux or OS X, so long as you satisfy the system requirements (http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs_download). Specifically, if you are running OS X or Linux you should have a recent version of Apache installed, and should check that you have appropriate versions of PHP and MySQL or PostgreSQL installed and configured. If you are running Windows, you should have Windows Server or Apache running, along with PHP and MySQL/Postgre. If you can give us more details on your operating system, and maybe an idea on your technical skill level, we can point you in the right direction.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to General Discussion