OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Delete a paper

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

Delete a paper

Postby JoMullins » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:03 pm

Hello all,

I'm very new to OJS and am having trouble with a paper. I got stuck and couldn't move it anywhere - couldn't schedule it to an issue, can no longer see any link to 'archive' or anything like that. The original problem might have been caused when I clicked to accept the submission as an editor, but as I scrolled to click save the options were still selected and moving the mouse has changed my selection to decline the submission. This happened a couple of times (I thought it was a bug at first, not allowing me to accept the paper), but now having accepted and rejected and accepted it numerous times I can't do anything with it and would just like to delete it. I can't move it anywhere/

So, any idea on how to delete it? I can't find any links to allow me to do this. I tried deleting the Section (Book Review), but the paper is still sitting in the Editing queue.

Btw, is there a comprehensive user guide that tells you how to do things and what's actually being requested of you?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,
Jo
JoMullins

Re: Delete a paper

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:55 am

Hi Jo,

To delete a paper, go to the submission's Summary page (available when you are viewing either the Review or Editing pages, as a sub-header just below the navigation bar). From there, you can click the link that says "Archive Submission." Once the submission is archived, you can go to your Archives page (from the Editor's User Home, click the Archives link); find the submission in question; and click the Delete link next to it.

I would recommend you take a look at OJS in an Hour, and also the rest of our documents, at http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs_documentation. We also have some video tutorials at http://pkp.sfu.ca/tutorials. We are in the midst of expanding our documentation, so any advice on what to cover is appreciated.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby JoMullins » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:08 pm

Hi James,

Thanks, that worked!

I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'm having another look at the OJS in an hour document now and will also look at the video tutorials; some of the other documents look too technical for me :)

I'm going to have to train our editors to use the system, so will forward any documentation I put together to you in case you think it'll be useful for other OJS users.

Best regards,
Jo
JoMullins

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:32 am

Hi Jo,

Yes, any contributed documentation would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to General Discussion