OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Indexing of Journal with Google Scholar by Publisher

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

Indexing of Journal with Google Scholar by Publisher

Postby danny » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:42 am

Hello, we are a new entrant in the publishing industry and have recently published a medical journal. Now the Editors want to get it indexed from Google Scholar however not sure how to get it done as the guidelines asks us (the publishers) to use Open Journal System (OJS) or the aggregators, however we have the capability to manage our own website (or the journal portal). Kindly suggest as to how we can help the Editors get the journal indexed by Google Scholars. My understanding is that the aggregators or OJS is a platform for publication of Journals but we have already done that i.e. put up a website (and a back end) to publish journals. I am confused and seek a solution on how to get it indexed from Google Scholars. Kindly help.
danny

Re: Indexing of Journal with Google Scholar by Publisher

Postby asmecher » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:11 am

Hi Danny,

Are you using Open Journal Systems? If so, you'll get indexed by Google Scholar out of the box. If not, you'll have to embed their metadata tags in your article pages in order to get indexed; see Google's page on the subject for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Indexing of Journal with Google Scholar by Publisher

Postby bluebear » Tue May 27, 2014 3:39 am

Thanks for advice. I have to check this options.
bluebear

Return to General Discussion