OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

GoogleViewer plugin forces ""Open Journal Systems" to appear

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

GoogleViewer plugin forces ""Open Journal Systems" to appear

Postby Astro » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:37 am

Dear OJS colleagues,

In the processing of reinstalling my journal, I decided to give it a try to the GoogleViewer plugin for visualizing PDF on the fly. Although it already comes with the newer installments of the OJS, I've never tried before. So, it is gorgeous, fast and quite reliable. The only issue is that is creates a main title for the pdf visualization page: "Open Journal Systems". I looked at the main plugin tpl files, but there is nothing there to change this. It doesn't make sense to have "Open Journal Systems" displayed above the PDF visualization, in very big letters, instead of the paper's title or something like that.

Would anyone be able to help me on that tweak?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Astro

Re: GoogleViewer plugin forces ""Open Journal Systems" to ap

Postby asmecher » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi Astro,

What version of OJS are you using? If it's older than the current stable release, I'd suggest upgrading; that plugin isn't tested with versions of OJS other than the one it was released with. Fixing it would probably not take much time, but your time is probably better spent on the upgrade. (We're planning to release OJS 2.4.3 extremely shortly, BTW.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to General Discussion