OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Change or add a PDF to a published article

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

Re: Change or add a PDF to a published article

Postby radjr » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Thanks Alec-

Don't most people put PDFs behind the login? Seems that IE should not care once you are logged into the system. You send the file and where to display it and IE should call the PDF display plugin to display in where you said to display it. Not sure how to explain this to users....

If there are other file types supported like HTML5 or flash, will they be displayed accordingly with the same IE plugins?

Thank you,
radjr

Postby asmecher » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi radjr,

I agree that PDFs behind logins should be well supported regardless of browser; just trying to narrow down the problem. If it turns out that changing IE's security settings results in the PDF being loaded properly, we'll be able to debug further from there. If so, please report which setting works and which setting doesn't, and your IE version, and we'll see what implications that has.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby radjr » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Alec-
Here are the details you requested about browser cookies and security.
The browser is IE 10 running on Win7.

I have donem the following without a success:
1) Change cooking handling to accept all cookies.
2) Change IE to prompt on all scripts
3) Moved default security for this page to low
4) I changed the operating mode using F12 to IE 9 mode. It did not work. When I changed to IE8, the pdf loaded in the window. But,.everything is running slowly.

I hope this helps. We need to absolute know what parameters are required to get OJS to work. If we are very clear, we will get crucified by the institutional iibrarians. Thsnks for your help!
radjr

Previous

Return to General Discussion