PKP Workshops and Presentations
- Kevin Stranack, Baltimore MA, May 27, 2009
Panel presentation on the Public Knowledge Project, Society for Scholarly Publishing.
- Kevin Stranack, Bloomington IN, April 10, 2009
Introduction to the Public Knowledge Project and OJS in a Day, University of Indiana.
- Brian Owen, Seattle WA, March 14, 2009
Cast a Net: Libraries and the Push toward Open Access Scholarly Monographs, ACRL Conference.
- MJ Suhonos, East Lansing, MI, March 13-14, 2009
First Conference of the Standards in Genomic Sciences eJournal, Michigan State University.
- John Willinsky and MJ Suhonos, Sydney, Australia, December 4, 2008
Australian PKP User Group Workshop.
- Brian Owen and Kevin Stranack, Dusseldorf, Germany, November 14, 2008
Berlin 6: OJS Workshop.
- Kevin Stranack and Brian Rosenblum, Sophia, Bulgaria, November 11, 2008
Globalization and the Management
of Information Resources: Scholarly Publishing Workshop.
- John Willinsky*, Vancouver BC, June 30-July 18, 2008
Knowledge Online: Consequences for Learning, UBC Course
- Kevin Stranack, Trieste, Italy, July 8-9, 2008. International Centre for Theoretical Physics: OJS Workshop.
- John Willinsky, Anaheim, CA, June 28, 2008
Association of College and Research Libraries
- John Willinsky and Kevin Stranack, Toronto, ON, June 25 2008
ELPUB 2008 Conference, OJS Workshop
- John Willinsky, Toronto, ON, June 19, 2008
York University, Honorary Doctor of Laws degree
- John Willinsky, Asturias, Spain, June 12, 2008
La infoesfera en la innovación de la e-administración: El conocimiento como proceso modernizador de la gestión documental y de las relaciones con la ciudadanía, video presentation.
- John Willinsky, Vancouver, BC, June 3, 2008
Athabasca University Press OA Book Launch
- John Willinsky*, Vancouver, BC, May 30, 2008
UBC, Canadian Society for Studies in Education
- Juan Pablo Alperin, San Jose, Costa Rica, May 26-27, 2008
PKP Latin America Workshop Series: Universidad de Costa Rica,
- Alec Smecher and James MacGregor, Victoria, BC, May 26-30, 2008
Digital Humanities Summer Institute, "Online Journal Publishing Using PKP's Open Journals System (OJS)"
- John Willinsky, Rowly Lorimer, Kevin Stranack, Vancouver, BC, May 17, 2008
Science Editors Meeting
- John Willinsky, Kelowna, BC, May 14, 2008
WILU 37 Information Literacy
- Brian Owen and Kevin Stranack, Vancouver, BC, May 2008
Canadian Library Association Conference, Confronting the Crisis in Scholarly Publishing: Libraries and the Public Knowledge Project
- Brian Owen, Vancouver BC, April 22, 2008
2008 BCNET conference "The Knowledge Web: The Role of the Networked Library."
- Brian Owen, Richmond, BC, Canada, April 17, 2008
BCLA Conference, Open Source Software
- Kevin Stranack, Richmond, BC, Canada, April 17, 2008
BCLA Conference, OJS in a Nutshell
- Juan Pablo Alperin, Gustavo Fischman, Toluca, Mexico, April 14-16, 2008
5th Anniversary of Redalyc
- John Willinsky, Ithaca, NY, March 28, 2008
- John Willinsky*, New York, NY, March 26, 2008
American Education Research Association
- Alec Smecher, Kathmandu, Nepal, March 24-29, 2008
International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management
- John Willinsky, Fresno, CA, March 21, 2008
California State, Future of the Book Conference
- John Willinsky*, Montreal, QU, March 13, 2008
McGill University, Launch of the Paulo and Nita Freire International Project for Critical Pedagogy
- Brian Owen, Vancouver BC, March 4, 2008 Vancouver Public Library's Speak Up series, My Virtual World, "Information Online: What's out there?"
- Kevin Stranack, Canberra, Australia, February 15, 2008
National Library of Australia, Breaking Down the Barriers to Open Access
- Kevin Stranack, Brisbane, Australia, February 14, 2008
Open Access Collections Workshops, Building Open Access Communities with Open Source Software
- John Willinsky, Washington, DC, January 4, 2008
American Historical Association, Opening History: Panel Presentation
- John Willinsky, New York, NY, December 11, 2007
Carnegie Corporation of New York, Strengthening Scholarly Publishing in Africa
- Brian Owen, Washington, DC, December 10-11, 2007
Coalition for Networked Information Fall 2007 Task Force Meeting, Project Briefing on the Public Knowledge Project
- Lynn Copeland, University of Manchester/Warwick University, UK, November 2007
Canadian Research Libraries: The Public Knowledge Project, Institutional Repositories, Electronic Theses
- John Willinsky, Toronto, ON, November 21, 2007
Massey College, Tony and the Hegemones Benefit Concert: Shake a Leg for Open Medicine
- Juan Pablo Alperin, Gustavo Fischman. Bogota, Colombia, November 13, 2007
Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Kevin Stranack, Charleston, SC, November 9, 2007
Charleston Conference, Empowering Faculty with OJS: Panel presentation
- John Willinsky, Berkeley, CA, November 2, 2007
University of California, Information School, Seminar on PKP Themes
- Juan Pablo Alperin, Quito, Ecuador, October 28, 2007
50th Anniversary of FLACSO
- John Willinsky, Vancouver, BC, October 20, 2007
The Association of Internet Researchers Annual Conference, SFU Harbor Centre, Keynote: “If Only We Knew”
- Brian Owen, Mexico City, Mexico, October 18, 2007 VI International Conference on University Libraries, Digital Libraries Networks: Panel Presentation
- Kevin Stranack, Burnaby, BC, October 9, 2007
Simon Fraser University Library, OJS in a Day Workshop
- Juan Pablo Alperin, Monterrey, Mexico, October 8, 2007
International Conference on Technology and Education Innovation
- Brian Owen, Toronto, ON, September 25, 2007 Canadian Research Knowledge Network's (CRKN) AGM, Alternative Publishing Models
- John Willinsky, Vancouver, BC, September 18, 2007
The University of British Columbia, Teaching and Learning with Technology Workshop
This session will review the opportunities and initiatives resulting from the emergence of open source, free culture, open access and open educational resources. Discussion will focus on how weblogs support knowledge reviews and foster communities, how wikis can be used to build knowledge resources while providing a platform for authentic learning experiences, and how open access research is equipping students for life-long learning even as they build expectations of a "right to know." Special emphasis will be placed on describing the opportunities represented by prominent open education projects, and the challenges to developing an open educational culture.
- Mia Quint-Rapoport, Kevin Stranack, Jon Whipple, Vancouver, Canada, July 13, 2007
- Juan Pablo Alperin, Buenos Aires, Argentina, June 13, 2007
- Samuel Smith Esseh, Johannesburg, South Africa, May 23-24, 2007
- Samuel Smith Esseh, Nairobi, Kenya, May 8-9, 2007
- Samuel Smith Esseh, Ibadan, Nigeria, April 11-12, 2007
- Samuel Smith Esseh, Kaduna, Nigeria, April 3-4, 2007
- Samuel Smith Esseh. Kumasi, Ghana, November 25-26, 2007
*Also includes performances for Tony and the Hegemones
For information on any of the workshops or presentations, please contact us.