OJS 2.3 Released
The PKP Development Team is pleased to announce the release of OJS 2.3.0.
OJS 2.3.0 introduces a major rewrite of core aspects of PKP applications that reconciles common code (e.g. shared between OJS, OCS, and the Harvester) into a separate library called the PKP Web Application Library (WAL). Many parts of the system have been changed in a way that is transparent to users but that will vastly improve maintainability and the ease with which PKP can deploy fixes and new features across multiple applications. Wherever possible, this has been done in a way that minimizes code breakage e.g. for modified installs of OJS and custom plugins.
There are a large number of new features included with OJS 2.3. These include:
- Added Catalan (ca_ES) language support
- Added Danish (da_DK) language support (incomplete)
- Added Basque (eu_ES) language support
- Added Swedish (sv_SV) language support
- More detailed User Homes
- "Refback" plugin for automatic collection of article citations
- Initial JQuery support, including Drag and Drop rearrangement of some lists
- RSS- and email-based notifications
- Improved subscriptions, including institutional vs. individual subscription support
- Static Pages plugin included
- Custom Block Manager plugin included
- PHP Quick Profiler integration
- Added reference metadata field
- ...and much more.
For complete details, see the release notes for OJS 2.3 at http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/RELEASE-2.3.0..
For a brief overview, including screenshots, see OJS 2.3 What's New.
To download OJS 2.3.0, see the download page.
Special thanks to the many contributors who made this release possible.