Registrations now open for Open Access Publishing
A registration form is now available for Open Access Publishing: a Public Knowledge Project Workshop.
This two day workshop will be held at the University of Sydney on December 4 and 5, 2008. It is designed to provide a forum for discussion on the issue of scholarly publishing in the electronic environment and the practical approaches which are offered by Public Knowledge Project products such as the OJS, OCS and the forthcoming OMS. It will examine the establishment and maintenance of publications and services from the points of view of creators, editors and service providers and provide an opportunity to exchange experiences and seek solutions. Technical developments in PKP products will also be discussed.
The workshop is designed for both users and potential users of PKP products (whether publishers, editors or authors), those interested in open access publishing and repository managers and developers seeking to integrate PKP products into their repositories.
Speakers will include:
* Professor John Willinsky - Khosla Family Professor of Education at Stanford University and director of the Public Knowledge Project at Stanford University, the University of British Columbia, and Simon Fraser University.
* MJ Suhonos - system developer and librarian with the Public Knowledge Project at Simon Fraser University.
* Professor Paul Turnbull, School of Arts, Griffith University
* Dr Geoffry Borny, Visiting Fellow in the School of Humanities, Centre for The Arts and Social Sciences, and Member of the Emeritus Faculty at The Australian National University
* Dr Paul Ashton, Associate Director of Social Inquiry and Co-Director of the Australian Centre for Public History University of Technology, Sydney
* Bobby Graham, Web Content Manager, National Library of Australia
* Andrew Stammer, Journals Publishing Director, CSIRO Publishing
* Dr Alex Byrne, University Librarian, University of Technology, Sydney
The registration form can be found at http://www.apsr.edu.au/open_access_publishing/registration.htm and further information at http://www.apsr.edu.au/open_access_publishing/.