PKP Bugzilla – Bug 8386
Check Issue Management validation around Title
Last modified: 2013-08-14 15:41:56 PDT
We are moving to Git Issues for bug tracking in future releases. During transition, content will be in both tools. If you'd like to file a new bug, please create an issue.
Try the following in Create Issue:
- Make sure "Title" checkbox is selected
- Make sure "Title" field is empty
- Try to submit the form, resulting in a validation error (this is OK)
- Uncheck the "Title" checkbox
- Try submitting again; the validation error won't go away (not OK).
I realize this is 3.0b but I tested it quickly. The problem is that the second click (after unchecking the title checkbox) doesn't do a round trip to the server for a server side validation. The first time you submit it, with the title checked, it does. That causes the Form class to include the Validator and make the field required. We'd probably have to do a custom JS handler for this particular form in this case.
.... Or a Custom validator server side. Easier.
Agreed, I was thinking server side.