We are moving to Git Issues for bug tracking in future releases. During transition, content will be in both tools. If you'd like to file a new bug, please create an issue.

Bug 8047 - Wrong metadata in DOI Datacite registration
Wrong metadata in DOI Datacite registration
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: OJS
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Import/Export
2.4.x
All All
: P3 critical
Assigned To: PKP Support
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-11-29 22:32 PST by Andrea Marchitelli
Modified: 2012-12-02 06:19 PST (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Version Reported In:
Also Affects:


Attachments
test XML file for Datacite metadata upload (1.17 KB, text/xml)
2012-11-29 22:32 PST, Andrea Marchitelli
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Andrea Marchitelli 2012-11-29 22:32:35 PST
Created attachment 3892 [details]
test XML file for Datacite metadata upload

When I try to upload xml file to Datacite, I receive various validation errors.

The <subjects/> tag can not be noted in this way. If empty, it should be write in this way <subjects><subject></subject></subjects> o, maybe better, not included in XML

Same thing for <relatedIdentifiers/>
I can not imagine wich identifiers should encode in OJS, but the tag can not be empty and should be removed.
Comment 1 Alec Smecher 2012-11-30 09:42:02 PST
Bozana, any thoughts?
Comment 2 jerico 2012-11-30 09:54:16 PST
I'll look into this.
Comment 3 jerico 2012-12-01 06:42:26 PST
I made sure that empty elements should no longer be produced. This cannot be done for the publisher, though, as this is a mandatory field.

Obs: The patch is not yet in the master branch but will be part of it before the next release.

We still have to find out how it came that you got an XML with an empty publisher field. If no publisher is set then the export plugin should loop through all translations of the journal title and will take the one with the highest precedence (which is usually the primary journal language).

Do you have a journal without any title set? Or do you have a journal title but the title is not being found on export (which would be a bug of course...). Can you please check this?

If you find that you have titles set but they are not found then it would be great if you could send me a SQL export of your journals and journal_settings tables as I cannot reproduce the publisher problem here on my machine...
Comment 4 Andrea Marchitelli 2012-12-01 08:07:33 PST
I checked for problems with publisher: I don't know how I got that error, in a new export of the same file it's correct (in attach).

I only have problem with subject and relatedidentifiers at the moment
Comment 5 jerico 2012-12-01 08:55:18 PST
Ok, then I'll close this issue for now. If the publisher issue should (re)appear and can be reproduced we'll re-open the issue. Thanks for reporting back.

You can find the patch here, if you'd like to patch your installation manually:

https://github.com/jerico-dev/ojs/commit/15efd75190d0078c35d174b90b2dc198e6131541.patch
Comment 6 Andrea Marchitelli 2012-12-01 23:02:44 PST
Hi Jerico, using the patch I get "Call to undefined method DOIExportDom::getObjectLocalePrecedence() in DataciteExportDom.inc.php line 256
Comment 7 jerico 2012-12-02 06:19:40 PST
Hi Andrea, sorry to hear that. It's possible that the patch depends on other fixes made in the master branch. In this case you'll probably have to adapt the patch to an earlier version or wait for the master branch to be released.