We are moving to Git Issues for bug tracking in future releases. During transition, content will be in both tools. If you'd like to file a new bug, please create an issue.

Bug 8014 - Spaces in base path lead to broken cookie paths.
Spaces in base path lead to broken cookie paths.
Product: OJS
Classification: Unclassified
Component: General
All All
: P3 normal
Assigned To: PKP Support
Depends on:
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2012-11-09 09:04 PST by Alec Smecher
Modified: 2014-01-15 08:29 PST (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Version Reported In:
Also Affects:


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Alec Smecher 2012-11-09 09:04:38 PST
Spaces in base path lead to broken cookie paths. If an installation contains a space in the name of its base directory, then the cookie path is improperly encoded and cookies will not be returned to the system on subsequent requests. Result: it's impossible to log in.
Comment 1 Michael Thessel 2013-03-13 10:15:55 PDT
This is more a general encoding issue not just for spaces. A URL path can contain the following unencoded characters:


The remaining characters need to be encoded. I changed the getBasePath() function to encode these remaining characters. I tested this with a variety of paths with special characters. Login as well as browsing the site showed no problems.
Comment 2 Alec Smecher 2013-03-13 16:12:38 PDT
Looks good, and comprehensive; thanks, Michael!
Comment 3 Alec Smecher 2013-03-13 16:15:02 PDT
Fixed base path encoding issues
Comment 4 Michael Thessel 2013-03-13 16:15:03 PDT
Fixed base path encoding issues
Comment 5 Jason Nugent 2013-03-14 06:45:03 PDT
use callback for PHP < 5.3 compatibility
Comment 6 Jason Nugent 2013-03-14 09:10:02 PDT
use callback for PHP < 5.3 compatibility
Comment 7 beghelli 2013-04-12 14:15:04 PDT
Add more comments, add issue current operation redirection
Comment 8 Michael Thessel 2014-01-15 08:18:02 PST
Fixed base path issue in IIS
Comment 9 Jason Nugent 2014-01-15 08:26:02 PST
Fixed base path issue in IIS