PKP Bugzilla – Bug 4162
Add "Welcome to your role" notices on new registration/enrollment
Last modified: 2013-05-29 15:33:05 PDT
We are moving to Git Issues for bug tracking in future releases. During transition, content will be in both tools. If you'd like to file a new bug, please create an issue.
There should be a welcome notice available to new users on registration or new enrollment on their individual role pages.
- Matt's idea, which I like, is to have it be an easily suppressable bit of text at the top of any given role page, with a different background or border. For example, new Journal Managers would see the text on index.php/journal/manager, above the Journal Management header, presumably.
- Should show up whenever a user first visits their new role. For example, when a user enrolls as a reader or author; or when a new journal is created and the Journal Manager first checks out their Journal Management page.
- Should appear every time they visit the role page until they dismiss it.
- Should be easily dismissable, most likely by clicking an 'x' or a close button.
- Should include introductory role text.
- Should have a list/description of available tasks (ie., Set up your Journal for JMs; Submit an Article for Authors; Create an Issue or Notify Users for Editors)
- Optionally, maybe should also have links to the forum; documentation; the wiki; etc.
I'm happy to write the appropriate text for each role and supply locale patches; but the AJAX stuff is foreign to me, so help appreciated there. John and/or Kevin, I'd also appreciate a look-over of the notice text when complete (I'll let you know).
Superseded by UI/UX changes for 3.0.