PKP Bugzilla – Bug 4046
MLA Citation style revisions
Last modified: 2010-01-14 20:49:35 PST
We are moving to Git Issues for bug tracking in future releases. During transition, content will be in both tools. If you'd like to file a new bug, please create an issue.
The MLA citations created in the Reading Tools are incorrect. Here are the necessary revisions:
1. AND should not be capitalized between authors
2. Only the first author is Lastname, Firstname -- all others are Firstname Lastname.
3. The should be a period between the last letter of the article title and the closing quotation mark.
4. [Online] should be removed.
5. There should be no comma after the journal title.
6. The volume number and issue number should be separated by a period, with no spaces.
7. The year of publication should be in parentheses.
8. After the year parentheses, there should be a colon, followed by the access date.
Note: If page numbers are available, they should follow the colon and end in a period. E.g., (2008): 24-36. 05 Feb. 2009
9. The access date information should be the current date -- if the reader is viewing the citation on 05 Feb 2009, then that should be the date that displays.
10. The month abbreviation should be followed by a period.
11. After the access date, there should be a space and the the article level URL in angle brackets, and end in a period.
Note: The journal title is correctly italicized and should stay that way.
I think that is everything.
Smart, Robert, AND Hutcheson, Michael. "Suspect Grounds: Temporal and Spatial Paradoxes in Bram Stoker’s Dracula: a Postcolonial Reading" Postcolonial Text [Online], 3 7 Jan 2008
Smart, Robert, and Michael Hutcheson. "Suspect Grounds: Temporal and Spatial Paradoxes in Bram Stoker’s Dracula: a Postcolonial Reading." Postcolonial Text 3.7 (2008): 05 Feb. 2009 <http://postcolonial.org/index.php/pct/article/view/710>.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 5003 ***