PKP Bugzilla – Bug 3055
New submission step 2 -- "Supporting Agencies" input field missing (caused by ad blocking software)
Last modified: 2012-09-21 17:20:57 PDT
We are moving to Git Issues for bug tracking in future releases. During transition, content will be in both tools. If you'd like to file a new bug, please create an issue.
When an author submits a paper, in step 2 (Entering the Submission's Metadata) there's no input field to specify "Supporting Agencies".
Created attachment 310 [details]
Screenshot: New submission, Step 2.
Thanks, Ivailo, but I'm having trouble duplicating this locally. Could you save a copy of the HTML output (e.g. using File -> Save As in your browser) and attach it here? It might also be worth checking your server log for PHP error messages.
Created attachment 311 [details]
Here is the page in question saved as HTML (zipped)
Hmm, that saved HTML looks exactly as it should. Have you tried reloading the page? Perhaps it was a one-off server or browser glitch. What browser are you using?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/220.127.116.11
Created attachment 313 [details]
The field in question isn't visible on my off-line copy of the page as well.
Created attachment 314 [details]
The same page renders as expected in MSIE (6.0.2900.2180).
Created attachment 315 [details]
... and also in Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20070802 SeaMonkey/1.1.4
After some research I have found that the form was blocked by an ad-blocking filter in my Firefox installation.
In order to prevent the "Supporting Agencies" form from being blocked I changed "sponsor" to "supporter" in the following fragment of the locally saved HTML copy.
<table class="data" width="100%">
<td class="label" width="20%"><label for=
<td class="value" width="80%"><input class=
"textField" name="supporter[en_US]" id=
"supporter" value="" size="60" maxlength="255"
Therefore I'd like to suggest this change to be implemented also in the HTML generating code in order to avoid such problems in the future (since most ad-blocking filters are naturally targeted at such strings).
Reclassified as "enhancement".
Deferring for consideration -- I'm not sure we want to introduce confusion into the code just for one ad-blocking app. Thanks for tracking the cause down, Ivailo!